Thursday, January 14, 2010

Too cold...

...to work in my room upstairs.

As everywhere else in Europe the past weeks, it has been very cold. So I decided to move my computer downstairs, where I have no internet, but my view on the garden makes up for that.

January had a very hectic start, so I try to get a bit of rest in the evenings. I'm knitting a green cardigan, a rather easy pattern, because I like to knit while watching television.

Our Christmas tree is waiting to get planted, all the decorations were put in their boxes till next year.

The snow started to melt today, time to put a bit of spring in my house.

7 comments:

Knot Garden said...

Your view of the garden is so pretty. Knitting is a good way to pass the time in this freezing weather!
Caroline

kOEN said...

Fantastisch Kerstmanneke! Ik hoop volgend jaar ook zo'n kerstboom neer te poten!

MomWaldsPlace said...

It looks like Wisconsin, USA in your garden. Come on over to Mom Wald's Place to see my poor frozen garden. It's pretty, but sad.

An advantage to knitting in the winter is that it helps keep your lap warm!

Please show us photos of your cardigan when it is done, and your bulbs when they bloom.

Andylynne said...

Pretty view, I can see why you like to sit there. Your sweater looks beautiful. I would love to see the progress you make. Not being a very proficient at knitting it doesn't look all that simple to me. :)

Lyn said...

The snow has all gone now and I have been in the garden-spring is on the way!
Love
Lyn
xxx

pussman and co said...

Hello!!! anybody home?

Flutterby Patch said...

Hi Sabine, What a busy bee you've been since I last dropped by. I adore the newly painted bureau/bookcase, I could easily run off with that, (well...maybe not too easy!) Your garden in the snow looks a lot like ours, surrounded by trees. Very pretty with some great photographiv opportunities. Hope you are managing to keep warm and won't have to resort to choppoing down trees for fuel which is what we are contemplating as our fuel bills in England are soaring ever upwards. Now we learn there will not be enough gas for everyone to use quite soon!!! Where's the axe! Keep up the good work, Eli