Thursday, November 15, 2007

The noble art of making dishcloths

I was always wondering what people were talking about on their blogs, when I saw the word "dishcloth". So I decided to find out, and look: I managed to make four of them in a few days! The green one is my favourite to use.
You can find free patterns here, here and here.


To make the little picot border (as you can see on the blue and pink dishcloth), you do the following:

1. Chain 3

2.Sc. (single crochet)in the 3d chain from hook.

3. Skip next chain, sl. st. (slip stitch) in next chain to attach picot.
I've seen other ways to make a picot, you can always experiment a bit and then see what gives the nicest effect.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great tutorial! Just found your blog and it is wonderful.

vintage twist said...

These are very special dish cloths.

Dannielle said...

I love crocheted dishcloths! The ones you've made are lovely. I love a picot edge!

By the way, I have my favorite pattern available on my blog :)

rosa p. said...

thank you for the links. you made lovely dishclothes wth those edges!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

ooh! Those look pretty, which may help inspire me to actually use them to clean... lol... I think I could actually accomplish this. Thank you!

Cocoa Cream said...

Thanks for linking to my dishcloth pattern! It's fun to see what other people are doing with my pattern!

Anonymous said...

I really need to learn to crochet.

I have only ever made the dishclothes that you knit on the diagonal. They are easy and they are very hardwearing.

Yours look so pretty.