Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blossom

I made an important decision (together with our doctor): I will have one day in the week all for myself! No work at the computer, no telephones. Because I kept feeling tired and stressed at the same time... So there will be more blog posts from now on (I hope).
Little by little, I started working in the house and the garden. And my energy is slowly coming back.
Last year, we planted this Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis', and now we can adore its blossoms.

This is a great woodblock print by the Japanese artist Itō Shinsui, two girls walking under a blossom tree.

And of course, Van Gogh's blossoms.

And this brings me back to the disaster in Japan. I got a comment from a fellow blogger, about an "Embroidered Veggie Market Quilt for Japan". This is such a sweet idea to raise funds, so I decided to give it a try!
Here is already a little detail of what I'm embroidering.

You can find all the details about the quilt on Mom Wald's Place blog.

And while I'm busy embroidering, someone is getting very sleepy...

8 comments:

June said...

Sometimes we are too busy and carry on not realizing we need a break. Our bodies have a way of telling us to slow down and get away from the computer and phone - I'm with you on that one. Love the sleepy cat photo!
June

Andylynne said...

Good for you, and I hope your feeling better soon. I love your posts and always enjoy your perspective on life.
I have a sleepy cat quite similar to your little darling. Something about kitties snoozing that is so very restful. Maybe because there not in to other things :). Good luck and sweet destressing.

Christine Clemmensen said...

I am inspired by your wise decision. I love that you are giving something back to yourself.
And love that you are giving to Japan as well. It looks very beautiful, and a wonderful warm thought.
:-)

pussman and co said...

Aaaaah! I'm glad your back!
Enjoy those fridays and I will join you on this! :)
Sometimes you are such a wise girl! ;)
If you want to have a little break this afternoon, you're welcome for a cup of tea!

Flutterby Patch said...

The spring blossom really does lift the spirits doesn't it, absolutely gorgeous. I think many of us can empathise with the tiredness problem and the idea of a day off away from the computer sounds like excellent therapy. There are so many fun things to do these days I thinks we are all wearing ourselves out trying to do them all! Oh, before I forget Sabine.... I noticed in your blog list I hadn't posted for 9 months and couldn't work out why! I'm no longer with typepad and I think it will be the old typepad link you have. Hoping you are enjoying good weather in Belgium, it's up and down here in northern England. Happy stitching Eli x

kOEN said...

Blossoms...
Sinds ons laatste Amsterdambezoek is dit (http://profound-and-secular-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/at-last.html) de achtergrond op mijn werkpc... :-)

Vera said...

yes, it's good to have time for oneself and that idea of embroidery for someone else, japan in that case is also good !

Vicki Boster said...

Sabine- your spring blossom photos are beautiful and I love the Japanese print- it is wonderful. I am excited about your quilt project- will look forward to seeing more of it as you progress. I am going to check out the site you've shared.

You know I love your beautiful kitties! I am so glad you might be blogging more- you have long been one of my favorites~~
Vicki