Monday, November 22, 2010

At last...

...I've restarted to work on Lucy's quilt. I finished the last of a series of spring girls, here with an umbrella in the rain.
And I made a new block, with little embroidered trees, here still in progress.
I'll post the two blocks when finished and ironed. For now only a few details.


My work has been absorbing me the past three months, and I really want to try to work more concentrated, and only 5 to 6 hours a day. That will give me more time to do things I really like to do, like crafting and reading. Life's too short!
In the meanwhile, I bought myself a new pair of shoes and red stockings.

And there's nothing quite like sitting by the fireplace with this boy at my side.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Oooooo - I want to stroke your sweet cat - just finished loving on my Princess Miya Chula Yum-Yum - yep - that is her name. LOVE the quilt - would love to learn how to free style embroider but it might be a good idea to learn how to embroider first. I am starting a quilt with a friend's help. She went out and bought all the things I need to make my first quilt -will let you know how it goes. :)

lotusgreen said...

cute shoes

charming rainy girl!

Vicki Boster said...

Sabine-Your quilt blocks are so beautiful! I adore the little girl pattern. This quilt is going to be amazing!

Love your sweet kitty. I feel the same way - there is nothing like being near the yarn and doing my knitting with one of my kitties (sometimes more than one!) snuggled beside me!

Also love your red stockings - it is that time of year - I want a new pair too!

magpie chic said...

That quilt is going to be just gorgeous. I bet you designed the stitcheries yourself!!! So retro and evoking memories of a perfect childhood. i'm sure "Mary and Her Friends" had a quilt like that to have on their knees by the fire in the winter. Love the red stockings too. One nice thing about winter!!
Jacqui

Vera said...

love everything in this post :-)