Monday, August 25, 2008
1. Illustration, 2. dress d-3 close up of fake tie, 3. Hearts, 4. you're just a click away..., 5. red arianie bag, 6. strawberries and mulberries, 7. Carl Larsson, 8. Junior Bazaar Cover 1954, 9. red, 10. silkie repaint- Bild Lilli imposter, 11. homegrown, 12. Yard sale - Betty Crocker Picture Cook Book, 13. red cottage, Oslo, Norway, 14. detail from the collar, 15. Strawberry, 16. Day dreaming.
How to make a mosaic:
1. Create a Flickr account.
2. Collect favorites (it's handy to choose from)
3. Go to Mosaic Maker.
First choose a layout, I always use square tiles, 4 columns x 4 rows.
4.Then I enter the URL's of the pictures I want to use: I open a picture in Flickr I like, then I copy its URL and paste it on the first line behind number 1. And I do this for 16 times, takes about half an hour.
I always do this with 2 windows open, one in Mosaic Maker and one in Flickr, and then I switch back and forth.
5.Then I click "create".
6.Now you see the result, sometimes it's necessary to move the pictures a bit. If you want to change something, click "Edit mosaic".
7. If you like the result, click on "Save".
8. Copy the HTML-code and post it on your blog (to give credit to all the photographers).
9. Upload the picture from your desktop (or wherever you have saved it).
This looks very complicated, but it's easy if you do it step-by-step.