Saturday, February 21, 2009

A cat's quilt

February is the shortest month of the year, but it always feels like it is lasting for ever and ever and ever...
I am in desperate need of a bit of sunlight, spring flowers, singing birds, etc...
When I look in magazines at pictures like these (from the spring edition of Marie Claire Idées) , I want bright colours in my house and in my garden.


I know I haven't finished a lot of my projects lately, I have a deadline for a job on the 4th of March, but I did it anyway: I started a little quilt for my cats. I've never made a doll-sized quilt before, and it was quite fun, I finished it in only 2 evenings (hand-stitched).
And tonight I want to start quilting it in front of a good movie!

I hope this cute boy will like his quilt.

5 comments:

Cristina said...

What a lovely cozy blog, I just discovered it!!
Surely you must know Nicola Bayley´s The Patchwork Cat? Your tabby looks exactly like the cat in that book, which by the way is one of my childrens´favorite.
regards!

Flutterby Patch said...

Lucky cat! I'm sure puss and the quilt could become wonderful sketches in your notebook. We haven't seen many of your pencil creations lately Sabine! Hope we will all soon be out of hibernation after this long dreary winter. Take care...Eli

Beata said...

Very lovely patchwork...and thanks for the sneak peek of MC idées...by the time I'll get it here, it will be practically summer!

pussman and co said...

did you finish it already?

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog said...

i´m sure he will :) it looks so cute and cosy!

*nicola