Saturday, May 24, 2008

Trying to get back to normal

Due to a lot of visits, birthdays, work at the computer, I am getting a bit overwhelmed by the mess in my house. I need to clean, iron, sort out bills, etc... And when that happens, this is my reaction: I get out in the garden to admire the flowers, stare at the fish in the pond and do...nothing!




Except for reading, gardening and quilting. Yes, I will get there, eventually, stitch by stitch!

I have to make a to do list or a planning, and even that is too much at the moment...
If you have any suggestions on how to clean up a neglected house, please let me know!

6 comments:

Bethgem said...

Five minutes per room, one day at a time. :) Your garden is lovely. Are those coral bells in the planter? I love my coral bells.

Clara said...

I´m also good at doing nothing :)

Natalie said...

Suggestions? From me? You could not be that desperate. You will find me in the garden too, hoping someone else is sharing brilliant ideas!

Sabine said...

OK, the 5 minutes tip is good, but I'll make it 10 minutes per room, and one room a day for 30 minutes.
The leaves look like the leaves of coral bells, but it's a pelargonium, an annual plant.
I have coral bells next to the pond, and I really love their unpretentious looks.

Brikebrok said...

that quilt looks nice ! ...
enjoy your lovely garden and forget about cleaning ... let for tomorrow ;-)

carrie said...

Looking at the garden is what I do a lot more than cleaning too. Hmmm....I try to wake up before everyone else, drop a load of laundry in....get a few things picked up along the way. My best friend is baskets. Tons of baskets to toss stuff into and it makes the house look neat and tidy quite quickly!